After School Tutoring
Hearts of Mercy Tutoring and Mentoring Program
We are a non-profit organization that focuses on underserved youth in our surrounding communities. As part of our program, participants receive mentoring, tutoring, character building and personal growth.
Or services are linked with fully-trained volunteers, tutors and mentors who offer them consistent support throughout the year.
Mentoring/Tutoring makes a difference!
Volunteers Mentoring and Tutoring is a positive learning relationship between our volunteers and the children in our program. We develop a supportive, encouraging on-going relationship which empowers children and our youth by building their self-esteem while improving their study habits. Our program offers children supplemental help in order to meet basic grade-level expectations and help children develop the necessary skills. Volunteers will help students with homework and core courses to help them grasp learning concepts to improve their confidence and grades. With the younger students when homework is completed, we start our Buddy Reading. When time permits, we will incorporate arts, crafts and fun activities.
Benefits of Tutoring and Mentoring:
- In terms of educational achievement, tutored children have better school attendance, a better chance of going on to higher education, and better attitudes towards school.
- In terms of health and safety, mentoring appears to help prevent substance abuse and reduce some negative behaviors.
- On the social and emotional development front, taking part in mentoring promotes positive social attitudes and relationships.
- Mentored children and young people tend to communicate better.
- We present the underprivileged children with a more resourceful adult who can facilitate asset building and act as a role model.
- One-on-one targeted instruction and academic support makes a difference.
- Tutors provide much needed encouragement that has a positive impact on students’ confidence and enthusiasm towards academics.
Hearts of Mercy Tutoring provides a fun way to build relationships with students while delivering academic skills crucial to their success. Anyone who can commit to 1 ½ volunteers hours per week can make an impact. If interested, contact Kristin Santorelli 908-783-0269 or Linda Scott
Thank you for your interest in making a difference.
Children often face social isolation, a lack of positive role models and scarce opportunities. Afterschool programs are helping change that. We help navigate and find children’s’ strengths and give them access to safe, inspiring activities that allow them to flourish. Our program offers children supplemental help in order to meet basic grade-level expectations and help children develop the necessary skills. We help them to overcome obstacles and challenges they face every day. We are helping kids to catch up, keep up and stay on track for success.
Heart Tutoring provides a fun way to build relationships with students while delivering academic skills crucial to their success. Anyone who can comm